The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

Anderson Methodist Episcopal Church
Franklin Township, Warren County

  

Organized in 1858 and built in 1859. The building combines elements from a number of styles: the pediment and windows and door are Greek Revival and the double brackets in the cornice are Italianate. The tall steeple that lent a nice sense of proportion to the church was removed in 1920.

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME

Copyright (c) 2001 Frank L. Greenagel