authoritative source on
early churches of New Jersey
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half
the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month.
We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.
to use this site
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion
List of churches, by county
Links to related sites
Bridgeton, Cumberland County
large wood-frame meetinghouse was built in 1807-8 but has been modified
considerably since then, probably in the 1870s. It was originally
a non-denominational meetinghouse,
with emphasis on Methodism. It was moved
from its original location a couple of blocks away in 1835 and fitted
up for use as a Sunday School. It was later used as a school, then
a business college. Today
it houses the Miracle Temple. It sits on Bank Street, just a couple
north of the center of town.