The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

Harmony Presbyterian Church
Harmony, Warren County

   

The traditional meetinghouse has round-arch window and door surrounds and there is a vaguely Italianate style to the belfry in this 1886 building in Warren county. The congregation was founded in 1807, and this is its third church on the site. The steeple, which is illuminated at night and can be seen for miles, was erected in 1892.
     For many years in the nineteenth century, the church shared a minister with a Presbyterian church across the river in Pennsylvania.

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  |  BACK

Copyright (c) 2002 Frank L. Greenagel