The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

First Baptist Church of Medford
Medford, Burlington County



The L-shaped building was apparently popularized by the Methodists, but other denominations quickly adopted it, as we can see in this trim Baptist church, erected in 1892-94. It replaced an earlier church that had been built in 1841. The congregation was organized in 1841 as a daughter church of the baptist church in Evesham Township.

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  

Copyright (c) 2001 Frank L. Greenagel