The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

Mount Holly Friends
Mount Holly, Burlington County


That the Quakers were among the earliest settlers in Mount Holly is attested to by the central location of their meetinghouse, across from the courthouse. The original meetinghouse, however, was built before 1743 about a mile north of this site, but when the town developed around a mill to the south, a new meetinghouse was built in 1775. A significant addition was built in 1850. National Register. In the background can be seen Saint Andrew's Church, which is directly across the street from the wonderful Burlington County Courthouse.

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  |  BACK

Copyright (c) 2001 Frank L. Greenagel