The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
Post a query
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary
List of churches, by county

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

   Photographic Inventory

St. Aloysius's Roman Catholic Church
Newark, Essex County

 
St. Aloysius is a large church in the middle of an industrial district, at Fleming and Freeman streets. The congregation was organized in 1879 and this building was erected in 1880. It was designed by Charles Edwards, who was the architect for St Columba's as well.

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  |  BACK

Copyright (c) 2001 Frank L. Greenagel