Calvary Baptist Church
Trenton, Mercer County
Roebling Avenue & South Clinton Street
founded 1874, built 1891
The congregation was formed in 1874 as a mission of the First Baptist Church. Their original chapel still exists, just to the east of this building. This was the fourth Baptist church organized in the city, in addition to four black baptist congregations (only one of which is given a name in Woodward).
This is a stone building with a Gothic flavor— buttresses, Gothic-arch windows, steeply-pitched roof.
The present congregation (March 2010) is the Life Gate Christian Assembly.