The authoritative source on
  early churches of New Jersey

About this site
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month. We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.

How to use this site
List of churches, by county
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion

Glossary

Photographic notes
Links to related sites

Chat

   Photographic Inventory

German Evangelical Lutheran Church
Trenton, Mercer County

This large red brick church occupies a prominent corner at Broad and Market. It was founded in 1851, probably to serve the German workers who came to work in the iron mills established about that time. The original edifice was torn down and rebuilt in 1877. It is now known as the Redeemer Lutheran Church.
     It is a traditional post Civil War design, similar to churches all over the country, but it is considerably larger than most built to this plan.

 

 

 ACKNOWLEDGMENTS  |  ABOUT US  |  HOME  

Copyright (c) 2001 Frank L. Greenagel