authoritative source on
early churches of New Jersey
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half
the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month.
We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.
to use this site
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion
List of churches, by county
Links to related sites
Clinton Chapel of St. Michael's [Episcopal] Church
Trenton, Mercer County
The North Clinton Chapel, which became an independent parish known
as Grace Church in 1896, is located on North Clinton Avenue at Sheridan.
It was organized
as a Sunday
1875, and the church
was built in 1876 of
stone in a manner that had become traditional for small Anglican parishes.
The building was sold to the Holy Trinity Church of God in Christ
1946, and is now occupied by the Interfaith Tabernacle.