authoritative source on
early churches of New Jersey
We've created a database and photographic inventory on more than half
the 18th & 19th century churches in the state and add to it each month.
We welcome and solicit all contributions and suggestions from our visitors.
to use this site
Respond to readers' queries
Consult the database
Annotate the database
Upload a photo
Suggest a church for inclusion
List of churches, by county
Links to related sites
Trenton [Baptist] Mission
Trenton, Mercer County
Harvest church is a small frame building located at Ohio & Mulberry
streets, near the Route 1 traffic circle on the edge of Trenton. It
was organized as a mission of the Central Baptist church in 1868.
A chapel was built in 1871 and enlarged in 1899. In 1905 it was moved
a few doors away to the present location. The mission was formed into
a separate congregation in 1896, and spent most of the twentieth century
as the Olivet Baptist church.